Majority of the people use MS Word. One of the major reasons behind is that it is easy to use. It has plenty of useful features. But there is an issue with MS Word which is if by chance you close your file without saving it, then you lose your file. The solution to this problem is given below.
The method of recovering from AutoRecover (.ADS) files
- Firstly, launch the MS Word one more time.
- Then, press on File.
- After that, press on Info.
- Next, visit the Manage Document by pressing on it.
- Then, press on Recover Unsaved Documents.
- After that, search for the item that you want from the list of unsaved files.
- Next, tap on Open.
- Note that the ASD file shall be displayed on the screen. Ensure that this time, you do save it.
The method of recovering by searching the Autorecovery file place
- Firstly, view the MS Word like earlier.
- Then, press on File. Note that you shall be able to select from the given two options. Press on Recover Unsaved Documents or else press on Options.
- Next, press Recover Unused Document.
- After that, press on open.
- Note that if you press on Options, a window will pop-up. Press on Save.
- Next, copy the file path after the AutoRecover File Location.
- Then, paste the File Path in Windows search.
- After that, view the File Explorer item that gets displayed as an outcome.
- Next, view the file that you want.
The method of recovering by using Data Recovery Software
- Firstly, download Stellar Data Recovery.
- Then, install the program on the computer.
- Next, as soon as the program is installed, it shall get displayed by itself only.
- After that, choose Office Documents. Or if you want to Recover each file, then you need to choose All Data.
- Then, choose the place that you wish to recover files from. You can choose just one. You can start by Desktop. Press Scan.
- The scanning will be done. Give time to do it.
- As soon as it is done, you shall be able to choose files that you wish recovering, press Recover option.
Tips to remember
- Firstly, open MS Word.
- Then, press on File.
- After that, press on Options.
- Note that a Window shall pop-up.
- Then, press on the ‘Save’ option.
- Next, note that under ‘Save Documents,’ you shall be able to modify the frequency Word Autosaves.
You should go for ‘Office 365’ because it has a feature of saving everything automatically so you don’t need to extra time in recovering data all the time.
Emily Johnson is a Mcafee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.