As most of the users already know, Apple Watch is amongst the best gadget out there. Apple has recently launched Apple Watch Series 5, which is flooded with the latest advanced and updated features that you won’t find in older series of Apple Watch. There are innumerable amazing apps and features for users’ convenience in Apple Watch Series 4 and Series 5, which allow users to do tasks at their fingertips. Besides Apple Watch several amazing features, Apple Watch series 4 and series 5 have come up with the unique feature called fall detection. Several Apple Watch users find this fall detection feature quite useful, and it even helps you in calling emergency numbers for your rescue. This new feature has been proved a lifesaver for many users. But, many of the users still do not know how to use this feature on their Apple Watch. If you are one of these users, then you have come to the right place.
Here’s how to turn on Fall Detection on your Apple Watch
To know how to turn on the Fall Detection feature on your brand new Apple Watch on your wrist, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, tap on the Watch app to launch it on your Apple Watch.
- Next, tap on the My Watch tab available at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on the Emergency SOS.
- Now scroll down a bit and choose the Fall Detection option there.
- Now, shift the slider slightly to the right.
Here’s how to make an emergency call after a fall
Unfortunately, if you have fallen somewhere on the road and need medical help at the earliest, then your Apple Watch is your best help in such emergencies. To make an emergency call on your Apple Watch, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, shift the slider to the right on your Apple Watch.
- After that, tap on I’m okay! Option if you are not hurt.
- Next, go through the instructions from the emergency service operator and tap on the phone icon to hang up the call after you are done.
- Next, tap on Yes for the confirmation.
- Alternatively, you can use the Apple Watch SOS Emergency service.
Here’s how to add friends and family in your emergency contact list
It is best sometimes to inform your close friend or relative at your earliest (if possible) if you face any tiny or big accident. It’s quite essential to add up the contact details of your closed ones in your emergency contact list and to do that, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, open up the Apple Health app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the profile of yours available in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on Medical ID.
- After that, tap on the Edit option available at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on Add Emergency Contact by scrolling down to the Emergency Contacts section.
- Now, tap on the contact to add it to the emergency contact list, and you are good to go.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.